I've spent a while today trying to upgrade the Blog Theme module for Drupal to work with Drupal 4.7. Somehow I'm just not seeing the error. It is not throwing any errors so maybe I need to break it in order to track the variables more easily. Fixing Blog Theme is the last "must have" for upgrading this site to Drupal 4.7. A few more challenges remain for one more site.
Update: Persistence does pay. Attached below is a module for BlogTheme that seems to work with Drupal 4.7. The only other modification to the config is setting Taxonomy Theme to be called as a menu hook instead of init hook by changing taxonomy_theme_init () to taxonomy_theme_menu().
Update #2: This is odd. I'll have to work more tomorrow on what it means. If I put blog_theme.module into the modules directory it works fine. If it goes into the modules/blogtheme/blog_theme.module directory it doesn't work. It should but it doesn't.